Monday, April 18, 2016

Hoarding words...

Life has turned a corner over the past few months.
Not a lot has changed but a few things have.

People have been kinder and so much more generous. Even as people who are the closest to me have walked out of my life, some others have stepped in. Strangers have become friends. Estranged friends have found their way back effortlessly and have left me with kind words. My circle has grown and my world has billowed into something wider, brighter, happier (and clearer maybe).

Some other near strangers too have written in with kind words - words of encouragement, appreciation, empathy. A cynic would say they are but empty words, but to me these words mean a lot. 
They are the comfort I hold onto as things fall apart - around me, within me.

As months of work fail; As that sense of gloom and doom come knocking; as accusations fly and as anger surges - these are the words that pull me back from the brink. 
These are the words I save in a jar of thankfulness because I know I will need them.

So, like memories, I hoard words too because they hold the power in them to take me back to the magical moments. To the moments of  thoughtful kindness. To moments of unexpected pleasure. To the warmth of love and friendship. To genuine and generous compliments.

And so I hoard words...


PS - For all of those wonderfully generous people who have read my ramblings and have send me their thoughts and thoughtful words of appreciation - Thank you! :) They do mean a lot. 

No comments: