Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zindagi na milegi dobara !

Zindagi na milegi dobara !

My first Hindi movie outside of India (on the big screen). That itself is probably reason enough to remember it for a long time but somehow that seems like the least important reason right now.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Probably, because it was a surprise for me as I went in for it knowing nothing but the Director's name. And one tends to appreciate the good things that come unannounced more than the good things that come with an appointment....

So it made an impression on me.

I loved the movie for the thought that lies behind it. I love the one thought that runs through the movie.

I wish i could be as carefree as Farhan Akhtar's character was in the movie. But no. I am not. I am more like the character played by Hrithik Roshan. Guarded, determined, hard working, organized (except for the money-loving part). I am all of these and more as I battle against everything that life throws at me, telling myself that i will take a break once I reach a certain point, when i get to that place where i want to be. Seemed like such a wise thing to do till i heard the question - "why do you think you will live to that point ?" Why make an assumption ? And I sure was tongue tied... ! All my life i told myself that i will take a break and have fun and fulfill all my dreams, when i get to---- ! But i have no reason to believe that I will live once i get to ---.

Its difficult to let go and just live in the moment. To forget about tomorrow or yesterday but I am learning my lessons. And someday, i should be able to live totally and completely in the present. Till then I am going to remind myself - "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara" !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pighlay neelam sa behta hua yeh sama,
Neeli neeli si khamoshiyan;
Na kahin hai zameen,
Na kahin aasmaan;
Sarsaraati hui tehniyaan, pattiyaan;
Keh rahi hain ki bas ek tum ho yahaan,
Sirf main hoon, meri saansein hain, aur meri dhadkanein;
Aisi gehraiyaan,
Aisi tanhaiyaan,
Aur main sirf main
Apne honay pe mujhko yaqeen aa gaya…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ik baat honton tak hai jo aayi nahi,
Bas ankhon say hai jhaankti,
Tumse kabhi, mujhse kabhi,
Kuch lafz hain woh maangti,
Jinko pehanke honton tak aa jaaye woh,
Aawaaz ki baahon mein baahein daalke ithlaye woh
Lekin jo yeh ik baat hai,
Ehsaas hi ehsaas hai…

Khushboo si hai jaise hawa mein tairti,
Khushboo jo be-aawaaz hai;
Jiska pata tumko bhi hai,
Jiski khabar mujhko bhi hai;
Duniya se bhi chupta nahin,
Yeh jaane kaisa raaz hai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ik baat honton tak hai jo aayi nahi,

Bas ankhon say hai jhaankti,
Tumse kabhi, mujhse kabhi,
Kuch lafz hain woh maangti,
Jinko pehanke honton tak aa jaaye woh,
Aawaaz ki baahon mein baahein daalke ithlaye woh
Lekin jo yeh ik baat hai,
Ehsaas hi ehsaas hai…

Khushboo si hai jaise hawa mein tairti,
Khushboo jo be-aawaaz hai;
Jiska pata tumko bhi hai,
Jiski khabar mujhko bhi hai;
Duniya se bhi chupta nahin,
Yeh jaane kaisa raaz hai.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum;
Nazar mein khwabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum;
Hawa ke jhokon ke jaise aazad rehno sikho,
Tum ek dariya ke jaise lehron mein behna sikho,
Har ek lamhe se tum milo khole apni bhaayein,
Har ek pal ek naya samha dekhen yeh nigahaein,
Jo apni aankhon mein hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum;
Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: