Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rubberbands...

I have had a few friendships in my lifetime but none like this one. 

Should I even call this a friendship ?

But then what better word do I have for two people who met by chance, enjoyed each other's company, discussed, bickered, joked, rambled and fought - only to start all over again?
But we certainly are strange friends.... to fight like kids at times only to take off from where we left, as if nothing happened in between (well, almost !).

Its a relationship that I fail to understand - for every time I give up and decide to let go of things, you come up with your silly questions and adorable expressions, only to make me forget, if not to forgive.

This relationship has become like a rubberband. We stay in touch, and pull each other's legs only to ultimately snap at each other. And then as the tension diffuses, the friendship is back on track almost as if nothing happened. And the cycle repeats - with no end in sight. But then with every snap and tug, we go closer and closer to the final break, when the bonds that hold us together will be frayed beyond repair and will no longer be able to keep us bound. And I don't want to go to that place where fond memories are permanently replaced by bitter, angry ones. Where talking doesn't come as effortlessly as it does now. Where fear of saying something wrong is stronger than the comfort of silence. 

I have been there and managed to come back - perhaps one too many times. And this constant coil and recoil is wearing me out... I wish there would be an end, one way or the other - this side or the other ! 


2 comments:

Sri said...

I believe its better to have the elasticity that to end !! It takes a long time to build this kind of relationship but to break this it might just take a moment. then we will miss all....

jvvas said...

Where's the like button???