Friday, February 26, 2010

Posted by a friend's friend whose writing i really like... I think its a well said note..
If you push me too far into my irritation, I will usually land up too far from whatever insight you are hoping to provide me.

The two of us stand facing each other, and we have come from diametrically opposite directions to this crossroads. If you push me so far back along the road I walked all this while, how am I to see the road you want me to take ahead?

I can only look so far beyond my own feet, so don't drag me to your point of view. I am blind there. I cannot stand in your shoes and see what you see.

They are your shoes, they have walked different roads to come to this point where we stand together. The dust on them is from different memories, different impulses. My heart and mind cannot respond to them.

So speak to me from here, from now. From what we share, what we know together. And maybe we can both walk a few steps forward in the same direction- In our own shoes, you understand, but just for this one understanding, we can share the same path.

And for a few years, we could maybe share this- And someday years from now we will speak from the same place, and share a common point of view.

No comments: