Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Turbulence...

You and I are very different people. But we were still friends... bound by differences, we've known each other for a long time. We've shared jokes and laughs, comments and criticisms, questions and answers. All through this time, I did all I could do without compromising my principles or my beliefs. You came to me for words, opinions, questions, answers and time. I gave them all, in the best of my abilities, simply because I cared and I knew no other way.

Today, after all these years, when you tell me that I am not right in being myself... I know not, who to question. You ? For not exercising your choice and walking away for so many years or me, for having trusted you for so many years... ?

Why is there a dissonance instead of the resonance that any relationship should share ? Burdened by turbulence, things were never easy, but this friendship had withstood it all... How did it, if the emotions were not genuine ? And how have we grown so different if there was a genuine connection ? Why is it so difficult to comprehend each other now ? Why are things seemingly so complicated ? How can a bond of succor end up causing so much pain... ?

Why are you not able to understand me for all my attempts at keeping things together, for attempting to keep the bond alive ? There were plenty of times, when all I could want was to throw all things aside and to move away from the past... But then I chose to stand there and wait... and to let things come back to normal. And they did restoring my faith. There was a resilience in the relationship which survived all the turbulence...

But, today, you force me to question the resilience and nature of it ? Why did we fall into the same rhythm each time, over and over - Of you pointing the finger and me bearing the brunt of it. Why should I and why should you ?

But now, after the pain, it seems that the sea was always rough, not because of the winds but because of what it was.... !! I made the mistake of waiting for the seas to become placid which they never do.... a sea is never placid like a lake, it only gets rougher !!

PS - But I now like the quiet after the raging storm...
I know i have seen the worst and survived it... :)


No comments: