Thursday, August 18, 2011

A "Dravid"ian moment - A quiet double century at long last !



Some journeys begin as accidents and it is only much later that we realize how much we would have missed if things had been different... If we had not taken that chance... if we had not gone with the flow. That is the beauty of hindsight... Things invariably look just right !

It is a number. Just another number but it feels like a big milestone.
200 posts.
200 posts where I have rambled on about things in my life and in my head, about friends and foes, about joys and sorrows, about books and movies. About life as it is and was. 200 vignettes of my life! 200 pieces of my mind !

What began as a simple exploratory exercise has been an important part of my life for a while now. It has been a chronicle of my life, of the ups and downs that have shaped my life. It has helped me vent, it has helped think and re-think....

Writing began as a way to innocently explore a new door. But it has helped me in more ways than one. It has helped me understand words a little better. I now appreciate writing a lot more than ever before. My perception of books and articles has changed from being simple statements of fact or fiction to works of art. I now see a lot more and listen a lot more.

This blog is a window to my past as through it I see me for what i was a couple of years ago. Through it, I can see the effect of time and experience as my mind has weathered its storms and learnt its lessons. I have also managed to hold onto moments I cherish as I flick through my posts in moments of despair to find those moments of joy that elude you when the going gets tough.

I have also come across more people and their writings through this one endeavor of mine and that has been a revelation of sorts. It has been wonderful to experience a sense of camaraderie beyond the usual borders of physicality - to see reflections of your thoughts in other people's words, to feel a certain resonance with other minds and at times a thought provoking challenge that questions your assumptions.

All in all it has been an enriching experience in more ways than one and I hope that I don't stop trying even as experiments fail, because sometimes, things do happen the way you wanted them to. And because sometimes what you get is better than what you could have even expected !


1 comment:

Rafiki said...

Congrats. Cheers to many more years of writing.