Sunday, January 2, 2011

Living in the shadows...

Ever so often life becomes so good that nothing after that compares well to it and it leaves you feeling incomplete and miserable....
What do you do when things are good and life is filled with laughter and happiness ?

A part of me cries out in caution against letting myself go with the tide. Telling me over and over that this is just momentary and that by letting myself experience the joy, i am only increasing my sorrows in the future. It holds me back from just letting go of myself and being happy. The worry of being dependent on the source of happiness in the future and the pain in not having it close, force me, to maintain a distance from every happiness that comes across my way. Fear of not having the same in the future push me away from it in the present too... I live my life in the shadow of the past and the future.

However, even as my fears of the future cast a shadow on my present, another part of me, tells me to just let go my inhibitions and enjoy !!! To enjoy the present, the company, the moment... with careless abandon simply because it may not be there tomorrow.

How do I reconcile these two opinions ? How do I let go of the fear of pain in the future ? Isn't it akin to not learning from your mistakes in the past... ? How can one move away from the past and the future only to truly live in the present ? Is that even possible ?

Every moment in my mind, all I hear is "This too shall pass"...
How then do you live carefree ?


No comments: