Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Angels ...

Once in a while when you think life is unfair to you and everything seems to be falling apart... help comes through from unexpected quarters....

Like the woman who offered to share her umbrella and walk me to my destination when I and all my documents were getting drenched... I havent seen her before that fateful evening or ever since...

Like the two little girls who chatted up with me on one of my lonely walks... the sky which looked downcast all this while suddenly seemed bright and cheerful...

Like the old gentleman who spoke so lovingly, that we ended up having a conversation in two different languages... each unfamiliar to the other. While he spoke spanish and struggled with english, I struggled with understanding what he said and saying what i wanted to...

Like the old auto driver who patiently waited and politely enquired... was honest in his dealings and frank in his opinions...

Like the stranger at the airport who offered to check in my hand baggage when i was almost in tears because of the stupid regulations of the airlines authorities...

Like the young man who helped me drag my bicycle halfway across the campus when the key was lost and i was labouring under its weight...

These are the people who walk into your life as angels and make things easy for you...
You remember some but you forget the many others...
Tiny contributions that make you feel better and grateful....
They make you want to be good... they made a difference to your life...
At times and places when you look up to your friends and family for help and support, sometimes these strangers walk in to your life and make things better...
You thank some and some others you dont even realise what they ve done till they ve gone and then its too late... sometimes you dont even get to thank them....
they walk in to your life and leave without the tiniest sounds... sometimes they leave a footprint for life and sometimes there is no trace...

I am glad I met these people... :)


No comments: