Sunday, August 29, 2010

Leap of faith...

I have always loved the idea of bungee jumping, jumping down a cliff with nothing but a rope holding you... as the sole link between you and life, the thread that tethers you and prevents you from falling into an abyss....

The rush of the wind, the free fall, the adrenaline rush, the world which is spinning out of control as you make the jump. For those few moments the world as you knew ceases to exist as you fly through life... Time flies with you, seemingly unstoppable, till of course something pulls you back and you find your way back to reality....



Relationships are also like that in some ways. I often see these pairs of people who are always together - their lives completely interwoven as they spend their entire days together and I always end up wondering how they do it.. I mean, how can two people always find perfect resonance in each other all the time ? As they share their likes and dislikes, their lives, their every thought and every emotion all the time, I stand in awe and wonder if it is true. To be able to share all your thoughts and feelings without a flinch... To open up yourself to another person so completely that there is hardly anything separating the two lives. It is nothing less than amazing because it takes a lot of strength of make oneself so vulnerable. I guess relationships are are like bungee jumping. You need that leap of faith as you jump headlong in to the unknown hoping that the bonds will last.

It takes a lot of courage and faith to be able to do that. And as I stand here on the cliff, i see these people willing to jump holding on to nothing but faith.... faith in the relationship, faith in the unknown and faith in another person and I wonder how they have so much faith in so little time? Is it just blind faith that lasts them a lifetime or does the heart "just know" what the mind doesn't ?


2 comments:

Mukta said...

i know it is weird, but so many times, i read your blog post and it seems like these are the very thoughts that have been in my head.

it is frightening yet comforting that other people our age have similar points of view and opinions. :)

Suvasini said...

Mukta, I think i perfectly understand the feeling.... In fact so many times, i read a book or a blog and i find perfect resonance for a thought which was always fleetingly around but never lasted long enough with me. These books and people help me get back to that line of thought and complete it. I actually treasure these thoughts more where i find a resonance with someone...I just find it reassuring that i am not alone in thinking that way....

And I am glad to hear that i am able to provide a sounding board to some such as what others have provided me with all these years...