Friday, February 4, 2011

Its been a year... !!!!

I go back in time on the blogroll and I see that it has been a year since I started this blog *

A year !!

It has been a long time indeed but to me it seems like a haze. The last year seems to have hurried past me while i was running past one deadline to another and now when I pause and look back, a lot has happened in the past 365 days...

- A blog, which was a new beginning in my life from what it was! I decided to start writing this blog as a chronicle of my life to enable me revisit my experiences despite my failing memory. Over a period of the last one year, this piece of me has been instrumental in leading me closer to old friends and new. It has made me realize more things about me and my people. It has been my silent friend, confidante and champion. It has been my voice and my sounding board. Through this blog, i have opened myself to vistas I never deemed possible. It has been a rewarding experience in more ways than one ! I have discovered a joy in writing, although, I occasionally do question the wisdom of leaving my thoughts open to public scrutiny. But then, I have also enjoyed hearing from my friends and strangers on the blogosphere.

- A degree. The culmination of five years of hard work has finally given me a doctorate in philosphy... :) I should be thrilled and ecstatic but somehow i never let it register amidst the flurry of activity that marked the last year.

- A big move. A new city, a new job and a new country ! Thousands of miles away from what was my home for all my life so far, I now embark on a new journey. Amidst fears, uncertainties and strangers, i am finding my foothold and am building a new life - all on my own.

- A friendship restored, a bond regained !!! (nothing else need be said but that I re-found a friendship that almost seemed lost to me... and that has been another landmark event for the past year... ).

- A few friends gained and a few lost... as is always the case.

- I discovered the sheer, indescribable joy that surprises can bring...

- I saw old friendships maturing with time... from little girls giggling about the silly things in life, we were young women talking about our lives and our futures. It was a sight to behold.

- I saw my first research paper getting published - a validation of my scientific competence and aptitude. It gave me a feeling of being a part of the community of scientists. It gave me a feeling of having been through an essential rite of passage.

- I started acquiring the ability to ask for help. I had been a rigid believer in doing your job, yourself and your way without bothering anyone else with your troubles. But then the last year has pushed me to limits that i have had to seek out help and it has been a good experience. To know that you have people you can depend on, on your worst days is a very uplifting thought and i have truly come to accept this thought over the past one year only.

The past year has been a bit of a roller coaster ride that has had me sitting at the edge of my seat for more reasons than one. It has left me exhilarated and exhausted at the same time. :)
I now hope to take a breather as I pause and let life walk with me. I intend to take things easier this year as i explore newer dimensions of my life....

Cheers to the noble thought :) !!


*as a regular blogger

No comments: