Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A dream to chase...

"If you had all the money you wanted, what would you like to do ?"

This was a question I was recently asked and since I had a list which I had fantasized about for several years now, I could answer pretty spontaneously. But the question did get me started on formalizing the list. I decided to prioritize my dreams/wishes so that destiny (if it exists) and I are both not confused about what I want...

Well, it is a pretty fancy situation to be in... imagine all the time and money in the world !!! So, I decided to build a dream life for myself... A happy place I can go back to every time life gets too "real" to handle... !!! Friends and family are definitely a part of my dream but to start with, I just decided to dream about a future for me !!

A dream - with a quiet home by the sea, such that I can go for long walks on the beach with my friends, family and my dog (I've always wanted a big, hairy dog... :)). Call it fulfilling a childhood dream or a wish from adulthood, but having a dog around me, was always high on my priorities... :)

I guess after a quiet morning with my cup of coffee, my dog and my newspaper, I would want to spend some time writing. Writing about what and why, are questions I haven't yet imagined answers to, but I sure hope to find the answers soon !!

There are some things I've wanted to learn for a very long time - painting being one of them. The existence of a keen interest and some rudimentary skill (glimpses of which are seen occasionally) make me want to explore my creative instincts through colors, lines and forms. Reality doesn't attract me and when I think of painting, I only think of thoughts wrapped in lines, shapes, colors and forms. And so with all the time and money at my disposal, I wish to explore my creative instincts....

Another skill that I've always wanted to acquire is to play a musical instrument, preferably a violin. From the deep, soul-wringing melancholy to the pure ecstasy of being, the violin has always made me feel alive !! I find in its music an experience that transcends the ordinary and takes one closer to experiencing pure, unadulterated bliss !!

Books !!! They have been a very important part of my life and will perhaps always be !! They have been a life long passion and a never ending quest for me.... the more I read, the more I find i want to read. My idea of a happy life always included a library at home and having the complete freedom to dream, only takes me closer to that desire !!

Travel and photography... while they seem the most popular choices on everyone's wish list, i "really, really" want to travel... leisurely, slowly, with all the awareness that i can possibly muster. I want to explore the world, its people, culture and its history... I do not refer to only the tourist destinations but to the cities, the people and the stories in them - of castles and manors, of kings and queens, of battles and deaths, of people and their lives... I wish to travel the world to see it by my own eyes and to feel its pulse in my heart... !! My love for photography compels me to hope and to capture these moments - of the world and of my experiences in it, for posterity. Through my lenses, I wish to freeze these moments of my life into tiny magical potions that I could revisit at a moments notice.

And finally If I were to summarize my wish list in one word - it would be "verve"... a life of spirit and enthusiasm.... I hope I chase my dreams with all the vitality that i can muster despite the everyday grind...

I hope to have a life - well fought and well lived... !!!

Fingers crossed !!! ;)

Makes me wonder about your dreams to chase ?



4 comments:

Neeraja said...

My dream list, coincidentally, is quite similar to yours, except for wanting to have a hairy dog ;). I want to learn to paint, learn a piano, read, read, READ, and travel and teach myself to capture the sights, thoughts and emotions through the camera :)

Well written post :)

Suvasini said...

Thank you Neeraja... :)

I guess the "geek brigade" does have similar dreams... :)

SecondSight said...

And here's a second vote to favor that set of dreams! Regardless of whether you have all the money in the world, the verve will certainly help you achieve them all :)

Suvasini said...

Thank you second sight... :)
I am counting on the verve to remain too...