Friday, February 4, 2011

Growing my wings...


I see shared laughters', warm embraces and stolen glances. I see hands holding onto each other as their disparate lives slip into a warm embrace. I see their lives melting into each other as they talk oblivious of the world around. I see forms merging into each other as if made for each other. I see chemistry crackling between two people, like that's all they were meant to do. I see laughter and affection. I see shared thoughts, dreams and expressions.

And then...

I see life taking control, as the distances grow...and words supplant the glances even as the hands struggle to hold onto each other. I see the warm embraces disappear into the haze of everyday existence. I see people drift apart.

I see two people coming together for brief instances only to drift apart... And yet, they manage to let themselves go. They let themselves get carried away by the ebb of life, and by love, holding onto nothing but each other.

And here I stand wondering, how do they do it ? How do they let go of themselves so completely - each time and every time! Some may think it is weakness to be so frivolous with emotions but to me it seems like a lot of strength. It is easy to live in a cocoon protecting oneself, but it is difficult to break open the shell and to let one self be vulnerable to a stranger.

I wonder how they do it and then i think that perhaps the caterpillar can only break the cocoon when ready to fly... !!! Till then, he just has to bide his time and grow his wings.... :)


No comments: