Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hearts tied together....

It was a bright sunny day - warm but not hot and there was no trace of clouds. But then all of a sudden big huge drops came pouring down from the heavens' above and pock marked the granite below.... For a brief while, the drops stayed as speckles on the floor.... only to be dried off by the warmth inside the earth... and soon, it was all back to where it started...

Friendships are weird in that your existence is often so fused with that of another being that there is gamut of emotions wrecking havoc at times. What do you do when the source of a friend's happiness is the reason for your misery ? Do you rejoice with your friend or do you wallow in misery and self pity ? How does the joy of some one dear become more important the problems of self ?

On my big day after a lot of tension and anxiety... as the big day approached to a successful end... I was drained of adrenaline and exhausted by the sheer relief from the tension...but there she was in front of me... So very happy for me as her eyes twinkled with joy but then suddenly her eyes welled up and then there was no stopping the tears... But soon, they were all gone, her eyes showed resilience and strength as she regained her composure.... And in moments her face was calm as the sunny day again... but what led to the drizzle ? What flooded her eyes as she wept in my embrace...? What blurred that sunny day ? Was it just her heart brimming with happiness as it overflowed unable to contain the joy or was there sadness at heart of it all... Deep sadness... Of being left alone as the world surged ahead... Or was it joy tinged with sadness that was searing through the bonds of friendship which tied our heartbeats in sync...What burdened her heart so much ... ? I still fail to understand !! I question myself for how to lessen her pain and to ease her mind... Is there a way ? Can the warmth of a friendship protect the heart from the harsh winds of life ? Can the joy of friendship provide succor to a heart in distress ?
I hope it will...

I know that she keeps me grounded and makes me count my blessings.... and i hope that her heart will find the strength to soar with my happiness... I hope ....

2 comments:

Neeraja said...

Can the warmth of a friendship protect the heart from the harsh winds of life ? Can the joy of friendship provide succor to a heart in distress ? -
Definitely YES to both questions. That's perhaps the reason why the need for forming friendships is so ingrained in us.

I'm sure the warmth and nurture of your friendship will strengthen your friend's roots and liven her spirit.

Suvasini said...

Thank you for the assurance Neeraja !! I do hope things fall in place for a lot of people who are a part of my life and who I care about... :)