Thursday, July 15, 2010

A 100 tiny pieces.... !!!!

Numbers are "just" numbers. They probably are meaningless but for our human tendencies to quantify everything.

But, some numbers are just special. They make life meaningful. Milestones become apparent and they are worth cherishing. They make life special.

The first birthday.
The first step.
The first day at school.
The first book you read.
The first "best friend".
The first date.
The first day at college.
The first day at work.
The first anniversary.
The silver, golden and platinum jubilees.

Number they all are, but they make a difference. They add meaning to our lives.

Today, I found one such number. My hundredth post. I realized that i reached this grand number the last time i wrote. It is remarkable simply because it doesn't feel so long since i started writing. I can vividly recall wondering aloud why i wanted to have pieces of me and my thoughts strewn in public view for all to read. And here i am today, a few months down the line, writing my 100th post and it feels good !

I have found more meaning in my life as i have written and dissected things with a fine needle. I have met people along the way who have been wonderful anchors in unusual ways. I have found a certain joy in writing and it is cathartic in some ways. I have found a window in my life which lets other people peep in and I have found new doors opening in my mind. People, friends, strangers have been a source for many of the ideas i have written about. They have led me to questions and sometimes helped me find answers too.

It has been a good story so far and i hope it only gets better from here.

Cheers to those hundred pieces of me that helped me find "me".....

2 comments:

Neeraja said...

Wow! You sure are a prolific writer to already reach your first century mark! Writing is definitely a joy when it helps you find yourself and sort out your thoughts. It's a great way to vent and heal.

Here's wishing and hoping for many more insightful posts and milestones! :)

Suvasini said...

Thank you Neeraja ! :)

I hope i am able to enjoy writing in future too as much as i do now...