Saturday, July 17, 2010

Comfort in the mundane...

I often think that I love change and the adventures that come with it... But then, when change comes knocking along, I miss the comfort of the known, the tried and the tested.

I long for familiarity. Of people and places that tell me that all is as it should be and that nothing is going wrong. I guess we all love change in those tiny bits and pieces which don't really alter our lives much, but which come along slowly and silently and only whisk away the stagnation.

In my battle with the daily mundane, i realize that somethings are my landmarks for the usual - The morning newspaper, the chat with watchman uncle, the morning cuppa, the lunch with friends, the bed on the floor and the books around !! They tell me in some unknown way that all is well and that the world is as it was.... They are comforting and assuring in a strangely disconcerting way... because despite being the mundane, they mean a lot.

They are a source of constant assurance in a world that threatens to change ever so often. But then it is only a matter of time, that change floods through and does not just trickle in...
And then, it will be time for new landmarks and new assurances...
You will be carried away by the tides of time and then drift a little before you find new ground and settle down, all over again !!
To a new routine and a new mundane....
Tiny changes will trickle in
As the mundane comforts you....

No comments: