Monday, October 25, 2010

Tiny quirks !!

I believe in love. It may be hormonal and chemical and all that.. but hey, what is not ? We are alive due to these very hormones and chemical reactions and our life is no less questionable than love is…


So, I believe in love … but what kind of love ? Love at first sight … ??? Definitely not … I have somehow never felt that I could fall in love with someone at first sight … That’s for the movies and kids … not for grown ups like me.. :)


I hope to find love in the midst of everyday life, love with acceptance and tolerance… Love for what you are and not for what you can or should be because that may never happen and then love will be disappointed forever… I wait for people who will know me for what I am and accept me with all my quirkiness.


People


Who will love me not because of the relationships that bind us without any choice...


Who will love me when I walk into a book store with no cash in hand and a resolve to not buy any more books but then compelled by the presence of books around me, I end up "investing" some more of my finances in books that I wonder when I will be able to read…


Who will love me as I make resolves to get down to exercising but all I manage to do is eat more chocolates… :)


Who will love me with that irritating argumentative tendency of mine to have an opinion on anything and everything and to say it honestly…


Who will love me when I talk to the stray dog which leaps at me everyday in hope of playing with me, but then I don’t play with it because the "obsessed with cleanliness person" in me does not want to get my hands dirty…


Who will love me when foolishly I try to lie and am caught time and again, cos I just cannot lie…


Who will love me despite the fact that I never really know what I want.. I can only start addressing the problem with what I don’t want in life… (Imagine going to the restaurant with someone who doesn’t know what she wants but will work at trying to rule out things she doesn’t want… what a sheer waste of time…but that’s what I do ;) !!!


Who will love me when I gaze at the moon and the stars for an eternity in a clear sky not wanting to get up and get back…


Who will love me despite my uncanny knack of sleeping early and not being able to stay up through a movie….


Who love me for my silences and my gregarious laughter


Who love me for my hypocrisy when I want to stay behind the camera but I want everyone else to stay In front if it…


Who will love my lack of diplomacy and social inadequacy because I just don’t like pretenses…


Who will notice how my eyes light up at the thought of a problem or an idea…and who will notice the lines on my forehead when I cringe due to the vanity on display…


Who will see the little child in me wanting to be comforted even as I look ready to take on the world…


Who will love me for my ability to cry unabashedly in every movie despite my claims of being strong and sensible…


Who will love my incessant chatter when I am In the mood for it and my plentiful silences when I am not…


Who will love me for my tendency to make life difficult for myself because it scares me that I am heading the wrong way when things come easy…


Who will love the fact that I still hope for fairy tale endings but I still prepare for the worst…


Who will love me for the fact that I make lists and forget them, spend without thinking twice but religiously tally my expenses…


Who will see all the quirkiness but who will also see the little girl who wants to do all she can for the people she loves…


No comments: