Friday, October 1, 2010

A nameless thought...

Our lives are a result of our thoughts. Our lives are lived through our thoughts.

Every day and every moment, I try and fit my diverse thoughts into words. Words - these abstract entities that make my thoughts real. So much so, that, more often than not, our thoughts are trapped in the words we use. They sometimes find meaning and purpose through the words, only in the minds of a listener.

In this constant struggle to pick out the best of the words from the sea in front of me, I find my mind spaces to be crowded with words. Sometimes, I find my mind cluttered with words as I try and fit my thoughts into them. At other times, I find my mind cluttered with thoughts as I try and find words to fit them.

Not always do I find the perfect match.

Sometimes, however, in between these hours of madness, I discover silences.

Silences that fill me as I lose the need for words and thoughts. Silences that express everything beautifully.... Silences that abound in my mind spaces as I try and make sense of the world. Silences that resonate and remove the need for words. Silences that space out the words and de-clutter the mind. Silences that leave me wondering why I love these "words".

But then.... I soon realize the need for words. Words. My tools to think, to express, to feel and to let go...

And so, I switch between these two mind states alternately...
as my mind gets filled with words or silences....
as they resonate in me and I make sense of the world around me...

No comments: