Saturday, April 24, 2010

To have or not to have .... !!

In my mental realm, one thought, or rather a question, that often manages to drift in very often and then leave ever so noiselessly is the following ... How would I like life to be ? Should one experience everything in life and then live with the pain of not having them around (cos nothing really lasts forever) .... Or is it better to just live your life without knowing a few things... ? I have encountered this question many times along the way and never really addressed it as it always manages to come with some bigger questions along... I am often the one to go with the first option of experiencing everything in life, living life to the fullest, making decisions based on my experiences, basically, living life first hand .... but the pain of losing which follows the moments of joy is often such a torment that i am tempted to consider the second option... You will never realize the pain of not having something if you never realized what it feels to have it around, simply put, you never miss something till you know what is to be missed ... !! But then, come to think of it, isn't that what life is all about... dancing with joy when you are happy and then being down in the dumps when not all is well... ? And learning to move on till the next the joy or sorrow comes along... I guess, playing safe is not an option.. you just live your life your way, make mistakes, learn and move on... you feel pain but also the bliss and that will take care of it all... !! So... for now, I think I am going to make peace with this... till, of course, at the next cloudy day, I take to questioning the game plan all over again... :)

No comments: