Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inside locked doors and walls ...

Driven by a fear of pain and failure, we often build these walls in and around us...
invisible, and yet impenetrable....
these walls make their presence felt only in moments of decision and choice....

There are often times when the heart wants to go with the flow, to do the unthinkable, to be impetuous and live in the moment but then at these times there is this "sane-appearing" inner voice that calls out to you and stops you from doing what you wanted.
It holds you back anticipating failure and pain.... almost completely irrational, this fear holds you back, curbs the flow of the heart and then soon the moment of decision is gone and you are where you started out to be... In these weak moments of confusion, what is required is a little bit of a nudge which will take you one way or the other with the flow... sometimes, that's all that is missing in life... !!!

Chance or people take up the role sometimes but more often than not, we lead our lives dictated by the spaces of these walls....

I wish I could get the key to opening these locked doors in the mind so that fresh air could breathe new life into my thoughts and I could live a life without irrationally shielding myself from the pain...

I want to be able to just go ahead and live my life in the moment...

No comments: