Monday, May 17, 2010

I have had so many random thoughts crowding my mind space for the last week and for some reason i haven't been able to resolve them and clear them out. Honestly, I haven't even been able to define them. They just made me quieter (and not in a serene kind of a way) but rather in a restless-quiet kind of a way (like the silence before a storm). It was as if I was enveloped by a quilt of thoughts which i was breathing in and out and never really thinking about. I could feel a weight settle in on me but could never lift it off. I so wanted to write but there was somewhere a stop cock that kept the vent closed. Words refused to fall out... They stood there frozen in some corner of my mind. I wished they would flow and help me get some space....

And then, something happened... I chanced upon a stranger's blog and started wasting away my precious monday morning reading it (instead of indulging in more tangibly productive pursuits like work)... !!! This is the best thing about blogs.. somewhere, in some corner of the world, someone has probably experienced what you are going through now and has written about it... you can completely identify with the situation... it gives you clarity beyond words.... its like we all pull out our random thoughts, solemn moments of our existence and put them into a worldwide thought pool. Out of this common consciousness, you chance upon thoughts, some fit, some don't... all in this very strange and mysterious kind of a way. You find people who think so much like you, and have expressed their thoughts with so much clarity that you find the clarity too... Whatever it was, now, after a morning spent in reading, i can now breathe free... I can write and i want to write... I can think and that's all i need... for now at least :)

No comments: