Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The story of my life....

Thirty years ago on this very day began a story - the story of my life in many ways. This was the day when a young man and a young girl found each other and began their life as a couple. They got married that day and they began a new life together. In the then sleepy town of Bangalore, a wedding was conducted and two families were bound together by love and tradition. The two flew from their homes and came together to build a new nest in the faraway lands. They started off with a house where they fell in love and found each other. This house soon became a home, as they became a family from a couple and they had two kids, one of whom is yours truly.

25th of May 1980, was in many ways a day when the story of my life began as my parents began a new journey held together by the values and traditions of their time. They came together out of a sense of liking which was held together by the promise of love and trust. They built a relationship based on love, faith, trust and togetherness over the years to follow. They were very different people but their promise stood the test of time and thirty years from then they are still there for each other.

They have lived a life together, shared their joys and sorrows, shared successes and failures, fought and complained, saved and splurged, built a home together, been through thick and thin, lived through health and disease and managed to bring up two children who are able and independent.... they built a life of their own, for themselves and for us... !!!

And, thirty years from when they started, life has probably come a full circle for them as they try to help me find love to last me a life time like theirs did. No one knows where the road ahead will lead me or them, but from where I stand, I just want to wish them a life of love and togetherness for the rest of their lives. I hope that the love they had only blossoms, untarnished by the harsh winds of life, society, parenthood, responsibilities and expectations. I know they will be there for each other and i want them to know that I will be there for them too... forever and ever...

for at the end of it all... they are responsible for making me who I am and I love myself.... :)
I learnt a lot from them - what to do and what not to do... some of my best lessons in life are from them and they have made me into a person ready to face the world with spirit and gumption because somewhere deep down, i know that they will always be there for me no matter what.... And that's all that matters...

Happy Anniversary mom and dad... !!! :)

For all that you have done and wanted to do...
For being there no matter what...
For all the disagreements and arguments cos they alone let me figure out what i want....
For letting me be...
For all the care and concern...
For the strength and courage...
For just being there...

Lots of love

Me :)

No comments: