Monday, May 24, 2010

The yellow pages....


Today I chanced upon the writings of a celebrity who is fighting Multiple Myeloma - simple yet profound, succinct yet lasting, elegant and yet honest. Quite unexpected and very endearing. The pages of that yellow diary of her's made a difference and made me appreciate a lot of things a lot more...

I found a whole spectrum of emotions there - of hope and fear, of exhaustion and strength, of courage and disappointment, of pain and ache… I realized that things are perhaps never absolute. They come in these pairs tied together by nothing but the differences between them....

I realized that disease does change things around… It teaches you to value life and take it to the next level when you have the chance… And that life has a way of making you appreciate it… and live it to the fullest !!

I realized that you never realize how lucky you are till something goes wrong.

I realized that what we do in the confines of our laboratory does manage to save lives, that it does make a difference, somewhere, sometime... that I am not fighting a futile battle only to meet my narrow ends... that there is a bigger picture at the end where people are really benefited... Someday, I hope to be able to make a difference, by pursuing my dreams and aspirations, through rational thought and planned experiments... I wish to be a change...

There is something unnerving about watching people fight problems. You are glad that its not you in their shoes
you are sorry for what is happening to them,
but it also inspires you to change things for the better…. To take charge while you can and not really wait for disaster to come calling at your doorstep !

I hope she recovers and I hope the pages from her yellow diary manage to spread hope and cheer around :)

Dear Sunflower, It was wonderful reading those yellow pages from your diary which held the essence of your life and its struggles ... :)
I hope the tiny sunflowers blooming in and around you continue to blossom as you take charge of your life and start living all over again... good luck !! :)

PS - For those who may want to read it all from the yellow diary - here's the link.
http://blog.lisaraniray.com/

No comments: